|Features and Benefits
Award-Winning, Performance-Based Training from Rockwell Automation
To achieve peak manufacturing performance, you need technologies and processes driven by highly trained employees.
Ongoing training is an important component of a strategic approach to maintenance, and constantly improving human and process performance consistently translates into increased job productivity and overall plant profitability.
This skill-building course provides you with the knowledge and practice needed to interpret, isolate, and diagnose common hardware problems related to noise, power, and discrete and analogue I/O.
In troubleshooting scenarios, you will be introduced to basic ladder logic interpretation, which is applied to diagnostic tasks. You will practice these diagnostic skills by tracing through ladder logic instructions in an RSLogix 5 project.
|Course Run By
To complete this course successfully, the following prerequisites are required:
• Experience maintaining electrically controlled systems
• Working knowledge of programmable controllers or completion of
the PLC-5/SLC 500 and RSLogix Fundamentals (CCP122)
• Experience operating a personal computer within a Microsoft®
Full details are available on the Media/Events page
• Identifying PLC-5 System Components and Memory Layout
• Getting Started with RSLogix 5 Software
• Communicating with a PLC-5 Processor
• Monitoring and Entering Data
• Interpreting Bit Instructions
• Editing Ladder Logic and Searching Ladder Logic
• Documenting a Project
• Interpreting and Editing Counter & Timer Instructions
• Interpreting and Editing Compare Instructions
• Interpreting and Editing Data Manipulation Instructions
• Interpreting and Editing Program Control Instructions
• Forcing Inputs and Outputs
• Configuring and Previewing a Project Report
• Creating a Histogram and Trend Chart
• Troubleshooting Noise-Related Problems
• Troubleshooting Discrete and Analogue I/O Problems
|Who Should Attend
Individuals who are responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining PLC-5 systems using RSLogix 5 software should attend this course.